UPDATE: Well that was fast! The Brooklyner sold out in 1 hour of its release. Thank you to everyone who picked one up! We’re very excited to make these for you.
- - -
Together we've created The Brooklyner - a limited edition, indigo dipped, made-to-order, veg tanned leather belt that is 100% locally made. That includes:
- Pure brass buckle and finger print rivets designed in New York by Ryan Andes of Finely Wrought and locally cast.
- Edges and keepers burnished and cut in New Jersey by Tyler Russell of HFA Goods.
- Organic indigo dipped two blocks from the FITTED workshop by Kah Mun Ng from Made By Jia.
- Final assembly done in Williamsburg by Ryan and Tyler.
This belt is made to age, and is constructed from a beefy and buttery 10-12oz natural veg tanned leather from Wickett & Craig in Pennsylvania - one of the last remaining vegetable tanneries in the United States, and just 5 hours from New York City.
Only 12 of these made-to-order belts will be constructed and each belt will be numbered in the order in which they were assembled.
We'll first announce the drop via my newsletter this Friday, so please subscribe at www.fitted.nyc at the bottom of the page if you haven't already.
- Solid brass buckle
- Solid brass finger print rivets
- Hand peened rivets
- Hand burnished edges
- Organic indigo dipped gradation
- 10-12oz Wicket & Craig natural veg tanned leather
- "Finely Wrought" branded buckle
- "HFA" and "FITTED Underground" branded belt interior
This beautiful belt and finely wrought buckle will patina beautifully in time. Much like my indigo dipped leather patches I started developing back in 2017.
To determine your belt size, measure your current belt from the end of the belt (not including the buckle) to the hole that you currently use. Measure in inches. Belt size is usually two sizes up from pant size.